Top Villains of 2012
What makes a great hero? Honor? Training? Weapons? Yes to all of those but no. A great hero is defined by their villains, what would The Batman be without The Joker, Green Lantern without Sinestro, or Wolverine without Sabretooth. So here is my list of the top 5 video game villains.
Spoilers may be ahead….
5. The Chryssalid (XCOM: Enemy Unknown) – While I am not a fan of the game the Chryssalid is one of the hardest enemies in video games this year. Not only can they kill any member of your squad in no more than 2 hits but they spew vomit into the faces of the recently deceased that causes a baby Chryssalid to erupt from the rotting zombie if not dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Trevor Pendleton (Dishonored) – I knew from the first time I saw this guy he was bad news. You do his dirty work just to have him betray you, all the more reason not the trust the elitists during a revolution. If you decided to play through the game in the violent of ways his death will
3. The St. John’s (The Walking Dead: The Video Game) – The St. John family just proves that during a zombie apocalypse DO NOT TRUST ANYONE! When Danny and Andrew first show up you of course are thinking they’re trouble but at the same time you’re thinking things have got to be starting to get a little better your group is on the verge of starving to death. After you sit down for dinner is when the really crazy shit starts to happen. Death and Cannibalism is what this family is about and you’re on the menu.
2. Vaas Montenegro (Far Cry 3) – Have I ever told you the definition of Insanity? Vaas came out of nowhere, a character that could have been easily been just another bad guy was given enough depth and personality to warrant their own game and honestly I would love for Far Cry 4 to be “The Rise of Vaas”. Have I ever told the the definition of insanity?
1. Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2) – Jack is funny, ruthless, determined and charismatic, these are the qualities needed to to be a strong leader it just so happens that he is psychotic.